I saw It happen , But I Cannot let it happen again.



     
A head is full of emotions, scraps of random stuffs pushed chaotically into an overloaded cranial pocket. Many memories are intensely personal. But others are about being somewhere, when someone else did something, something unforgettable .
Some people just need the warning. They just need to know what is ahead. It’s like when you’re driving and there is a windy road ahead, you’ll see a sign alongside the road a few hundred feet before to warn you. If for whatever  reason, your car can’t handle it, you might choose a different route. But if you do choose to take that route, you know to slow down and proceed with caution.
Might Sound great for a cautious drive, but to imagine  leading  a life only foreseeing fear, harassment  and other areas where one can get exploited, Is there a respite or a time for a small breather ?
 AS a man, I'd want to get into the shoes of a women facing these unacceptable behaviors,
what would go through her ?? A recent video study of a women getting harassed when she walked around NYC for 10 hours went viral  a similar study was done in the busy streets of Mumbai... and the shocking results were no different .
these things happen even as I'm typing ... and as you're reading it ..
"The doctor Confirmed that it's a baby, and instead of feeling happy, I'm standing here looking at the mirror into myself  and little drops of dew creep down my cheek, and the fear eats into my happiness. What if it's a girl ??
I wonder why is the intensity of the happiness not over powering the fear !
No, I'm not the type of women who wouldn't want a Girl . I want my little princess out, but the very thought of letting the girl face the gruesome men in the society, how could I let it happen ?
with whom will i share this fear ? There are a lot of questions arising, and who is responsible for it ?
DO i blame all men ? No. I had a brave father who was my first super hero, I have a brother who still quarrels with me for the choice of channel, I have my friends who are guys who never hesitates to pull my leg, snub me, and still make me smile, I have my husband who pampers me . ..
 But then from who caused this fear ? Is this how every women feel when they are about to deliver, or is it only me ?
Who will answer my questions ?
While I may be much more open-minded, it still pricked me a bit when my character was questioned. This is because somewhere deep down, we have convinced ourselves that a woman has to be “pure”. Think about how degrading and ridiculous the term “pure” really is.
What are we? A bottle of ghee? a jar of mayonnaise?

I read an analogy on the internet ..
"if a key could open thousand locks then its a master key, but if a lock could be opened by many keys  is a shitty lock "" 
There were 8976likes for it and 832 shares for it and many others commenting "ROFL" "LOL", "EPIC".. but wait, let me ask you, why did the comparison had to be so hard on women ? I wonder how would the men who "ROFL"'ed at women would have a proud mother .
When i was 6, the so called neighbor baby sitter meddled my body when I couldn't understand what he was up to, innocently accepted the "whatever reason" he gave !
when i was 10, the so called relative would still want to cuddle me and kiss me and give an excuse saying I'm still a kid to his eyes!
when i was 14, I had to accept the comments which my pedophile teacher would pass on, in the name of school discipline .
When i was 18, Yes, i am a women, I have my own feelings, I fell in love, So ? is it wrong to put trust on someone ? I felt cheated at a very young age .
when I was 24, I had to forget and put things at the back and concentrate only on the work cause i had to save my family . YES Whatever happens at work, is a mere "Corporate Culture" which i must not take it too much to head.
When i was 25, The whole world, yes of course only my relatives and all those neighbors  around me, saw me as 99 and unmarried. YES, That's the pristine definition I can give for a conservative society in an otherwise modernized world ? But why is it on the women ?  NO, I must not ask it . Cause I'm a women, and I must not talk .
OF course when I had to marry, there are too many other hurdles i had to cross, Cause the "moral wall" was too high and I couldn't be broken ; but there is nothing like this for a guy ..
I  meant the moral walls...
who would step up to reinforce that the thought  of "men must respect us because we are their daughters, mothers, and sisters "must be destroyed... they must respect us cause we are fellow human beings ..
I stand here facing myself, trying to still control my tears, cause a "Women" cannot cry or feel bad at this time of being happy . that will not be accepted by the society . "" I lay my story in front of you all ...

So, this could be the voice of anyone. Someone who we already know, or someone who we might get to know in the future. OR let it be anyone who isn't related to us. I'm not saying everyone are against women, I just urge for everyone to step up to protect the women of our society.
 A recent News which shook me was -"A famous university says girls aren't allowed to access the library because that would attract four times more boys ".
It is really quite retrograde that girls should be disallowed from using the general library at a university on the grounds that their presence will lead to undue attention from male students. This logic is of a piece with the argument that women should not wear 'provocative' clothes if they do not want to be molested or raped. If the fear is that male students will behave in an unseemly fashion, why should girls be denied access to the best library?
This Chauvinism will not cease how much ever we urge anyone to change or see Women as their sisters or whatever blah blah... it will only change when every individual starts respecting another fellow human.. Sex is just a mere part of life, it is an emotion.. shouldn't be forced on anyone.
This is not the way the world must function & This is not the way the design must go on.. Respect for a fellow human is only going to make our lives better and make this world a more happier place to live. After all ... it's only for a few years.. make it count :)  Make your life, worth remembering.






Comments

  1. True. Though a voice of woman would be more grieving, we should atleast try to move closer and understand her feelings. A Woman is to be treated with respect no matter what she is to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gr8 piece of writing....keep it up.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts