When I Dreaded to Tread.

Sharing a very interesting dream -

My dreams usually get interesting here and there, but this began with a very interesting note. My cousin, Raghu a half stout guy, in a Cream pant, dark olive green shirt, brown leather belts and woodlands spade leather shoes  - completely sensitive to water, was looking fit like an army man.He was just next to me, as we were driving my figo in the Bangalore - Chennai Highway.

I promise, I could not recollect how did we get to this highway from nowhere! Even I'm guessing as I suddenly jumped from One dream to here, probably in a parallel dream I was visiting hospital and making evening plans with my friend RV, or talking over the phone with Upas, if asking things are going good. Reassurance ::=)  is all that's needed to our lives but it gets boring.

Major part, I was shriram in my dream and viewing it all through my eyes.  

At times kept going to the holistic view, didn't know whom I was playing at those instances. God from above? Or was it me again with just disturbed sleep trying to pull back my vision from inside my head to outside? But the inward pull was dominative than the outward it kept going in..

I am not sure, how I missed the usual straight road and, took a detour which would in an ideal case cost me 5-6 extra kilometers, but thanks to my over involvement in Harry Potter books, and aspirations to be in 9-3/4 platform, I took another detour..

I entered a world which I have never seen before, I don't know If I have read about it in books, but something is for sure - I really want to be there. The view of mountains from around were all green, but the getting closer it was all Keratin Black.

Me and my cousin, got out of the car, in front of a wooden log used as a bridge, as we could not drive any further, we saw a boy running away from his parents. Why was he running? What was he thinking?

The flowers here are like paintings’, the child thought, laughing as he ran across the Meadow. He wished his parents had come along. But his parents were busy pitching camp.

'Don’t explore too far,’ his mother had said. He had pretended not to hear as he bounded off into the woods. Now, traversing this glorious field, the boy came across a pile of fieldstones. He figured it must be the foundation of an old homestead. He would not go near it. He knew better. Besides, his eyes had been drawn to something else - a brilliant lady's slipper- the rarest and most beautiful flower in New South Wales.

He had only ever seen them in books.

A rainy day, usually makes the experience of a dream more chilling, especially when the rocks are black. But, why black?

The color black usually represents mystery, the hidden, the secretive, the unknown, and in color psychology it means power and control hanging on to things, and not giving out explicitly. Maybe which is why the floors were all keratin dark, shiny, and glinting with the rain around.Something was waiting.

The real me, did not want to stop - pushing the reel me to walk further. Wasn't hallucinating, but was taking a nap and talking with myself inside me.

The wooden log in front of us, was getting weaker with every water droplet hitting it, and the wood was not sure if it could take the heavy us walking across it. I was excited to cross it, to get to the greener side, but was equally skeptical. The reel me was getting thoughts about "5 men crossing the bridge with a lamp" puzzle. AH - Inception you call it.

The thoughts were making us slightly more heavier and we finally heard a crack, and spikes of wood bursting across, as the single wooden log opened up like letting a ship sail through it. My Cousin went missing! and I was only there. Sudden disappearance from the scene. I should  rather not fret. Slithering down, holding the other wooden rail on the side, though, it was a dream I could really feel it, How? It was a hypnic jerk but the time seemed to contort in the darkness. Numbness set in as I treaded water in the depths of the chasm, calling, crying out. I was tormented by visions of the walls collapsing in, burying me  alive. my arms ached with fatigue. A few times I thought I heard voices. I shouted out, but my own voice was muted... Like a dream…

The usual clouds were spread like a canopy over the sky until my foot set off from the ground, hands apart and my mind as open as a forest fire setting an alarm in the sky impelling the thunders from above as the dark clouds set in.

It was the power that I was having on Earth/ the control of me inside me, as I got up from under.

I was suddenly held by a fat yellow figure, more like a lady - had no voice, no face, but just an outstretched hand. She was helping me cling to the side rails and climb up rocks, the drizzle after kissing the rocky floor shattering to the green leaves around to make it look like diamonds were motivating me to take the climb. I wanted to live this dream. There were cylindrical hollow formations, like swirls in between the rocks which had water deep down, and a sudden group of people clustered chaotically around.

Fat people trying to enjoy life, asking me to jump.. I find people swaying people off the air into the swirls, and landing directly on their L4, L5 and 6, I could feel the pain of my friend Ani on their face..

Very rarely do I find the real me talking to my dream.. Now I was questioning why couldn't I jump? It was such a place and I felt fortunate to be there in a dream. Like Dexter talking to his foster father, I was talking to myself within me. But, It all began to move slow.

While a sea of thoughts in me made the further movement, breathing, walking - slow, the yellowish lady from nowhere was carrying my usual Red t shirt and my Favourite American eagle shorts, throwing it aside and disappearing in thin air..

I had mixed thoughts..

Why did I remove my clothes and why was she carrying it. I had to bend down to check if I was having my underwear or if after so much of deeper travel it turns out to be yet another boy dream.. 
Luckily I was still wearing it.

I was climbing up to the peak, reluctantly shaking my head to stop. I turned back - to see my cousin who disappeared when the wooden log gave away, is back but holding his berry red Nikkon digi cam, capturing it all.

I had to move forward.. Two steps up and I realized the yellow lady was just a mere reflection of the hope in me which has brought me till the peak point of the hill.

I had to jump..

It was in front of me, a cylindrical rock forming which had the most clearest water. Should I be happy.. Should I be scared that it is at least 300 ft deep..

Should I dread.. Should I tread.

Closing my eyes..

The anticipation and excitement of the real me, was more than apprehension of the reel  me, The real me, asking the reel me to open the eyes, but I could feel he took a squat to take off for the jump. .

And boom.. I lost the vision.. Or did I lose my life..

Slowly the reel me opened his eyes only for the real me to realize that, the jump had only taken him one rock lower - Ah a bad jump! and I was only panting deeply, safely squatted wearing only my favorite jockey.The thought gave birth to instant Smiles to both of us and he decided to finally open up and dive down.

Boom..

Splash..

Suddenly there is no one around me.

I realized he had gone under water of the cylindrical swirl..

Kicking up, for a non swimmer in real life, it was exciting to rocket up the water and have that feel of achievement..

Sense of being complete to live in a place like a paradise with such peace and serenity, the reel me woke up slowly transferring his tears to the real me..


For only the tears were true!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts