Sorry mom & dad, I hate you.

I had started writing this article long back and was either not able to continue writing or was in a constant dilemma whether or not to upload this. Now, post giving it a school of thought I have decided to upload it, and I have deliberately chosen not to edit a few sentences, which now might sound grammatically wrong, cause It was all written in the past and I am uploading it now.

Growing up means a lot. Responsibilities outgrows us resoundingly, but certain changes that come along is my point of focus. What did that title instill in you? Did you form a perception even as you were in the pre contemplating stage about this article?

I mean, you were not exposed to the article, but still, you wanted to know why I hate them, Isn’t it?

Well, I'm not really sure about girls, but as guys, at some point, we all hated our father. I used to think, my friend's dad is really cool while he would tell me, that my dad is really practical and understanding, which always left me with a thought, questioning the ambiguity.

Quibbles happen in every household, and even the quarter of a quibble against your statement, is well against yours and the best solution is to accept it. But apart from that, there is something else lingering and bothering me.

It is not so uncommon that we all get calls from our parents, just to check up if we got up, if we had breakfast, lunch and dinner, if we took our tablets and what not? You might know it better from your point of view. But, here I'm sitting at 3 am in the morning at Delhi airport, waiting to board my Pune bound flight, and guess what's so special? I got a call at 2, from my mom just asking if I got up! I only quickly said an "Ummm and cya ", but sitting here and I imagining the things they have done for me is sending shivers down the spine.

Every parent in that matter to their wards. I can generalize my personal opinion on this.

Guys - we all wanted to grow up. 

At the age of 6, we wanted to wear the 'uniform', and go to the school.

At the age of 9, we wanted that year to go quick as we wanted to enter the "double - digit".

At the age of 10, we wanted to enter the teen age.

At the age of 18, we wanted to go to college, not to study, but to get rid of the uniform.

And, when we graduated we wanted to conquer the world, start working, a few fell in love and got hurt and wanted to go back to childhood and a few were looking different ways to impress that one special person, spent a lot of money on friends/ girlfriend/boyfriend/ prospects.

Guys, in this entire process we all forgot the two pillars. How many of us genuinely thought about them? We went out and stayed away from them and in turn felt bad, got annoyed when they call to talk. Can it get more ridiculous?

Oh, is it embarrassing that they cannot be as quick as how you're with technology or Facebook? Wait, tell me who did Potty training for you?

They were excited to join Facebook and added a couple of your friends? Were you not excited on the first day of your school? So, my point is while we all were excited to grow up, I'm feeling bad that I forgot that they were getting old with me. To even type this, my hands are Shivering and eyes shed a drop of dew.

Dear Mom & Dad, I hate why you don’t understand what I want.
Sometimes, I hate why you give the same speech again and again.

These are little things. There are other things which are really important for which I hate you both for. I hate the fact that, Why is it only you both who can make me feel completely safe and sound?

Mom & dad, I'm sorry. I really hate you. Why did you not tell me that you'll both be getting old when I grew up? I'd not have grown up only. I even know what your reply will be. Guys - let me tell you. Your success can be directly correlated to your efforts, but it is even more due to the wrinkles on their hands and face which you fail to notice.

Realize this.

In order to make others comfortable, I have myself realized that I have shown my anger on them. I am sure this was the scene in a lot of families. But, those were not the people who spent their life building yours.

No doubt, we all cannot be questioned on the Love we have for our parents, but how often does anyone express it? Do we know what is that they love? Have we given that space for them to do what they love or are they still sacrificing their happiness for our comforts and not showing it out? Little things to ponder upon!

Make them smile, do things which will make them smile. I am sure you will definitely not miss a smile. There is a lot of happiness in little things, which you fail to share with them. The real beautiful feeling in this world is to know that they are smiling, and it gets even more beautiful when you know that you are the reason behind it.

Let’s begin with it today. In case you are staying away from them, call them up and tell them how much they mean to you! I am sure these are precious moments that even a MasterCard can’t buy. 

Comments

  1. Wow. M going to call my parents and say "thank you!!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts