A dedication To those away from parents..

Mommy I miss you 24_11 - This is a feeling too strong to neglect..
The emotion makes it heavy for the heart to carry it..
Sleepless nights,
I just wish you are here next to me..
I can understand now how does it feel to not sleep for an entire night,  I've kept you awake for so many many nights, right from the time when I  was inside your womb till the night I moved away from you..
The memory of you staying awake just to ensure that I've slept is aplenty, I didn't consider that as a big sacrifice you did.. Even now you might not accept that it is a sacrifice, but I can accept it and acknowledge it now..
Yes, I appreciate the technology. It has improved, and we don't miss talking 24*7, but I'm feeling bad, feeling sad, aloof in this corner of one chosen society, in my bed , winking at the stars outside and wrapped in my winter clothes, slowly letting the feel that you're not next to me to sink inside me..
Mommy, I know it's 1 am and I'm missing you here and I'm crying, if you were here, you'd not let it happen.. But I promise to everyone, that there is some telepathy going on that you're also feeling that same...
Come here, yes I'm selfish, I will call you again, to wipe away my tears.
There can be many others around me whom I can call as a family, but I need you..
I want to question this society, what went wrong where?
From where did this concept of status - quo living creep in like a poisonous drop in a can of milk?
80%  of the students abroad or those away from their parents would have started with this just for the sake of the society's pressure..
Name sake.
Should the purpose of life not be to spread the love and having parents around, dedicating all your growth, success to them, and be content from their happiness , I'm sorry that's not being content  that's the larger than life happiness..
Daddy, I miss my mornings with you.. You've always been the one who would be up first.. I've never been able to constantly be up before you, but on those few days when I'm up, the satisfaction you get is really felt..
To share the morning cup of coffee with you while skimming through the paper and discussing politics and sports is something I'm yearning for it now and let me tell You, how much ever earnings might not give what I yearn for..
Though I've a bike, I love the way you still see me as the new born kid and make me sit behind you and ride your bike, I can now understand how much of care you've given me... How many times you've had me behind you, and rode that bike from ground to ground to watch me play cricket..
Daddy, you're the one with whom I've fought with the most.  My constant nagger.. I miss you,  why did you let me take this path, you must have stopped me. I was comfortable with my job there, we were a happy family...
Why did I come here, in search of what?
Real treasure lies in happiness of being together, not staying somewhere wide apart and having the miss you feeling...
In this five months of being away, this is the first time I'm terribly missing you both.. Given a chance to go back the time-line and change what happened I'd Change this decision of mine to come over here in pursuit of Education..
I'm not sure if everyone away from parents goes through this... But I do... Terribly.. Unable to go through this... I promised to be back only after conquering what I set to.. But here I'm only trying to look back and see what I'm missing.. The real treasure is not the destination.. The real treasure is the source or the place where the heart is...
A case of so near yet so far..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts